Jac Fkuck German style Bass Bow, Swiss made c. late 1800's(estimated)
According to Tom Metzler(Metzler Violin Shop, Glendale CA)
the approximate value is $700. Tom is not ( by his own admission)
an "official" appraiser, therefore the value is his best estimate.
He recently refurbished this bow & it is ready for use. I purchased it
in 1956 from Paul Toenniges, Studio City Music .
The maker is marked near the frog, but does not photograph well.
I have two additional German style bows that I will ...
- A beautiful "Joseph Guarnerius fecit" with amazing voluptuous powerful resonant tone that you cannot find anywhere else.
- 4 excellent "Perfection Planetary Pegs" eliminate all Fine Tuners and slipping or sticking that normally create problems when you tune up.
- A Wittner Hypo - Allergenic chin rest to lessen irritation.
- A high quality Pernambuco Bow made by Schaeffer in Brazil.
- A Liebenzeller Gold Rosin to keep full, round and warm sound as well as bright and crisp, transparent and ...