**Seeking an instructor to teach a BONENT approved Hemodialysis Technician Training Program at Riverside Community College in Riverside, CA. All materials for instruction including exams are provided. No teaching experience necessary, but is a PLUS.
*This position works under the supervision of the Associate Dean/ Instructor Manager to teach classroom, laboratory and clinical courses in the hemodialysis technician program to vocational diploma students. Duties include: teaching of hemodialysis technician courses with an emphasis in procedures and principles of renal dialysis, renal pathophysiology and applied medical terminology. Duties also include: equipment maintenance; conducting and supervising classroom, laboratory and clinical learning experiences; evaluating student achievement; assisting in the development of the curriculum; helping to formulate departmental policy and procedures; evaluating program effectiveness; developing strategies to enhance student achievement; participation in divisional and departmental activities; and other duties as assigned.
1. Must have a Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent (7 years or 14,000 hours of occupational experience combined with education).
2. Must have at least two years (4000 hours) work experience providing physical and psychological care to patients with renal disease.
3. Must be able to initiate, monitor and complete dialysis procedures.
4. Must have experience maintaining dialysis equipment and supplies.
5. At least two (2) years of teaching experience is preferred.
6. Must be Certified Hemodialysis Nurse or Certified Hemodialysis Technician
Teaching: Must embrace and demonstrate Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
• Communicate effectively
• Collaborate with others
• Respect diversity
• Demonstrate responsibility
• Think critically and creatively
• Utilize technology
• Apply math and science
• Demonstrate environmental responsibility
• Embrace change
*Standards of Teaching Excellence:
• Classroom Management
• Content Mastery and Currency
• Teaching Methodology
• Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
• Assessment of Student Learning
• Professional Contributions
Important Safety Tips: You should find out as much as you can about the company. Meet your prospective employers/employees face to face. You should NOT have to provide your bank account details. Stay safe - read our safety tips.